pretty funny- Why Wood Burning is a bad idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he wouldn't spend so much time cutting trees down if he spent a little more then $200.00 on the stove. I never heard of a nagging chainsaw. :)

Absolute riot!

Not sure where to start. . . . I just got in from "ruining my marriage". Scored about 1/3 of a cord and just finished bucking and splitting while we had a break in all this rain we're getting here in New England. Article's author seems to have bigger problems than wood, but it seems to help him cope by having the wood lifestyle as a scape goat. My wife likes the stove. I love the stove, but there it is.

So much there, others will chime in.

You have to know how to manage people's expectations.

tell the kid why heating with oil is worse for the envirnoment than a renewable resource.

Stack wood up, then don't burn it. Set the thermostat at 60F. In early Jan- point out the difference in heating bills.

Ahhh- all the static disappears... except that the kid will still stall, and the wife will become passive-aggressive rather than confrontational LOL :)

damn, I was getting so defensive reading, I think i almost work myself into a fit before I caught on.

well, hope people listen, just means more wood for me!

Pretty funny stuff. I say cut the old lady loose if she can't agree with the warmth. They always gripe in the summer but no problems when the house is 72 degrees!

He needs a new stove and a new wife, not necessarily in that order either.

He needs an EPA Stove.
Will burn 1/2 as much wood, and will keep the whole house warm instead of just a small area.

As for the wife and kid problems, I would suggest don't burn for a season and see what the wife thinks of the heating bill.
That is what convinced my wife to get a different stove.

I love the stove!My wife loves the stove!Mt cats love the stove!but my oil man hates the stove. :lol:

Well, I was joking at least. Fact is a lot of guys here have probably seen a bit of this for real in their lives.

My wife just wishes I'd wear long pants when cutting wood, and wait for her to come home before I cut down major trees. (she worries).

Adios Pantalones said:
Well, I was joking at least. Fact is a lot of guys here have probably seen a bit of this for real in their lives.

My wife just wishes I'd wear long pants when cutting wood, and wait for her to come home before I cut down major trees. (she worries).

You might even consider wearing some saw chaps. It's hard to cut wood with only one leg, if your that lucky. Ever seen this guy?
injury.jpg

I think there is an updated version from a later study that has a few right arm injuries and a few groin. I wonder if left handed people run the throttle with their right hand?

Noah said:
I think there is an updated version from a later study that has a few right arm injuries and a few groin. I wonder if left handed people run the throttle with their right hand?

Isn't that how it is supposed to be done? I'm a lefty, and run the throttle with right hand.

Haven't worn chaps, I need a good source. My boss's son just tore a pair up helping fight fires in CA. Saved him several stitches at a minimum, could have lost the leg. Convinced me to own and wear a pair.

MishMouse said:
He needs an EPA Stove.
Will burn 1/2 as much wood, and will keep the whole house warm instead of just a small area.

Boy I sure wish I could find someone to give me a money-back guarantee on that. I'll take my $50 non-epa stove w/a 2.0 cu/ft box that currently heats my 3200 sq/ft house on 4-5 cords/yr. You find me a new stove that heats as well on 2- 2 1/2 cords a year and I'll buy it.....wait maybe I won't. I think I'll keep the $2k in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.