Pretty impressed so far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
It's been gettin down into the lower 20's here lately. Furnace aint kicked on yet. I should turn up the thermostate just to see if it works huh? I can get our 24 x 48 basement up to 80° or more after work and the heat just radiates up to the upper floor and it's 70° in no time. My wife and I, bein the hillbillies that we are aint quite used to sleepin in that warm of a house. Ustabe with our old smoke dragon we would have to hang tarps up in the basement and go thru a wheelbarrow full of wood a day and the temp down there would never get above 70°. With this 500 Oslo I can heat the whole house with less wood than that!
Gotta get it hot in here today. Home sick with a head and chest cold and a fevor. Need to sweat this crud outta my system.
I'm kinda playin the wind today. We got 35 mph winds outta the south. Almost need some kinda damper on the main air intake on the bottom rear of the stove. I'm surprized they dont make something like that as an accesory. Oh well.

Hello from NW Iowa, hope you are feeling better, sounds like you hit a home run with your new stove, what kind of old stove did you have?

oldspark said:
Hello from NW Iowa, hope you are feeling better, sounds like you hit a home run with your new stove, what kind of old stove did you have?

HaHa. The old stove was an old Sears and Roebuck made back when Moses was a young lad. Basically just a fire place made outta sheet metal. It would heat a 12 x20 area alright and was a great comfort when the power went out but thats about it.

Glad the Oslo is working out for you . . . it's a real locomotive when it comes to heating with wood.

first season with the Oslo over here as well. Still getting used to this side door loading nonsense. Top loading rules. Stove is awesome though. I am also seeing a large heat increase from the old stove Butcher. I think when it gets colder we will be even happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.