Pretty Pipes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennman

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2009
Southern Tenn
I wish I could post pics. Just don't have time to learn how. Anyway, back in the Fall I completely took apart my boiler room black iron, valves, unions, etc and using a better high temp sealant AND tape fixed all my weeping and slow drips. I happen to be around a NASA facility with pretty colored pipes running everywhere inside research buildings to help maintenance and safety. So after all the TLC and doing my piping/manifolds twice I thot it would be nice to reduce exterior rust and let all my visitors (who love to see the "reactor") know what is hot. So about a week into firing her up I took a wire brush to the rusty elbows, wiped with mineral spirits and brush painted Rustoleum Red. It was sooo easy because paint just flowed and almost dried instantly on those warm pipes. One of the fastest, easiest, and most satisfying jobs I've done on our system.

Well I would love to but when I tried to do that Underground sticky I just couldn't devote the time to go thru picasa, learn the steps, etc. So Taxi helped me. I'm sure it's not hard but I've already given it about an hour of my life trying including reading the instructions.

email them to somebody so they can post them for you, I am interested to see too

Be glad to email if someone wants to PM an email address.

Tennman said:
Well I would love to but when I tried to do that Underground sticky I just couldn't devote the time to go thru picasa, learn the steps, etc. So Taxi helped me. I'm sure it's not hard but I've already given it about an hour of my life trying including reading the instructions.

Sit down with a half dozen wobbly pops and dont look at the clock. I know what you mean but once you get it figured out it makes it a lot easier to explain something when you have a pic. with it. I think it saves time in the long run.
cheers

Thanks Taxi, Huffdawg sent me his email so I'm going to send to him. I took new pics with my cell phone Saturday but they didn't turn out well. I may have to re-do.

Status
Not open for further replies.