Pretty sure I fixed it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrkinonfire

Jan 24, 2010
SYRACUSE NY
Well, I spent all day cleaning all the parts and putting it back together. The blower made a small noise for about a minute on first startup. But now it's working better than it ever has for me. The fire is looking great. I turned the control board back to 1 which is the normal setting, and the heat control on quadrafire.

100_1524.jpg

100_1520.jpg

100_1518.jpg

100_1523.jpg

That looks MUCH better! I think you got it too.

Great job! Enjoy the heat, You earned it(I hope you treated yourself to something good)!

I saw by the pics you gave it a good cleaning, did you find anything in particular that wasn't right on the stove? Good job by the way, it looks like it's burning great!

I think the biggest problem was the broken bolt and gasket under the firepot. Also the exaust pipe was a bit clogged outside the block. There was a little dust in the blower (not too bad). Also a bit behind the cast pieces in the firebox.

I treated myself to a couple cold beers and a monday off work. ;-)

wrkinonfire said:
I think the biggest problem was the broken bolt and gasket under the firepot. Also the exaust pipe was a bit clogged outside the block. There was a little dust in the blower (not too bad). Also a bit behind the cast pieces in the firebox.

I treated myself to a couple cold beers and a monday off work. ;-)

Monday off work? Priceless!

Looks good from what I'm seeing, the real proof is in the heating. Them gaskets can just leap right out and bite ya.

I get very leery when I see cinder block and concrete, not so much the slab but walls that are exposed to the outside air that don't appear to be insulated.

wrkinonfire You did real good getting that problem resolved and reassembling the stove so quickly. Kudos's to you!

Thanks guys. Least I can say I got paid to work on my stove today. :lol:

Looks great!!! It gives a nice feeling when you tackle something like this, and it all works well after it's back together.

Enjoy the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.