Pretty Warm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more on the ground this way too.

Nice work loon.
Seeing more leaves turning here, and the Birch is losing leaves quickly now.
Been hot and humid here and moving wood is tough, but it's gotta' get done.
Another 3 cord or so and the shed will be full.
Emma's a good supervisor.:cool:

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Loon,

It's been hot, and it's been humid (when it hasn't been wet). Yucky weather for wood moving. Glad to see you're doing it during the cooler hours....but aren't the mosquitoes killing you? I've been bucking some wood that hydro cut (darn them, it was wood that they had NOT told me they were cutting, and did not need to cut), and have not been enjoying myself, between the humidity and bugs. Was so foggy here that my outdoor ground fault breakers tripped...have never seen that happen before except in Nantucket.

Loon, I'm sure the cool north winds will be hitting you soon enough.....we got a taste of autumn last week, right now its almost 90 degrees and miserable humidity.....

I'm SOOOO looking forward to some fall weather....the first snowflakes, honeslty, can't come soon enough for me!

Emma's doing a fine job as always Loon. I was just at a residence about 3 weeks ago that had a great white like her. I really miss my Aussie and with Fall coming on it won't seem right not having a wood moving partner. I'll have another but not for awhile yet.

Reactions: loon
Look great.
Saw a wooly caterpillar yesterday, Thick long hair :eek:
WS is right :
Winters acomin'

Birch are dropping leaves & loosing the nice green color. Could frost any time here.

Nice Loon.

We've had the high humidity here too and fog yesterday. Some rain moving through this afternoon but it all missed us. Fortunately we'll be cooling off starting tomorrow.

Hot and humid here also. Leaves are dropping on certain trees. Seems earlier than usual. Come on snow!

Reactions: Trilifter7 and loon
Somebody left behind some nice aroma for them to savor.lol

Been having a blast the last 2 weeks trying to drive into work with the fog Rideau :p ;)

The bug spray is still out man ;)

Beautiful dog, loon. We've been seeing Birch leaves turning and dropping since late July. My Honey Locust is having yellow mini rain storms of leaves, lately. Almost looks like late September with certain species of trees this year. Could mean a cold winter, or maybe all the rain we've had this summer has something to do with it.

Looks like Emma is slacking off . . . usually she's running the saw, splitter or driving the fully loaded ATV to the woodshed. ;)

Oh man, its still too hot here to think about getting in the woods. I am sure going to have a lot to do come fall...

Keep the pics coming...

Another 5 or 6 loads in the little trailer to the carport tonite and should be good till Jan :cool:

Gonna start getting my buddy's wood ready tomorrow,Will try and take a pic or 2. Then into the woods next week >>

But the long range is looking pretty warm here :p

Emma squished a little toad in the pic Jake ==c

loon

I'll take your Canadian warm with a grain of salt:mad:
Something about having a couple small pups to mingle with my "real dog" seems to keep things in check around here as well.
is that a Pekinese or Yorkie mix - GF gets all upset when I take our rescued yorkie Sampson(my fuzzy buddy) in the woods with me - I just tell her he's a dog, he likes being a dog

All i know basod is that Emma is a Pyrenees and Buddy/Boomer are a hoot :cool:

No idea what they are man? :)

Boomer, the little white one wont leave me alone at all.Which is fine cause he is a cool little buddy ;)

The other 2 are like glue...

Reactions: basod
Status
Not open for further replies.