Prgress Hybrid: How long and how much?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
How long do you think it will be until I find a used Progress on craigslist? 24 months? More? Less? And what do you think the price will be listed as?

I'll say fall of 2013. Priced at about $1,900.

Id put it at more than 24 months. Price depends on whos selling, stove guru, or moved into a new home and dont want a stove, fireplaces are better, person.

Hope the latter

BrowningBAR said:
How long do you think it will be until I find a used Progress on craigslist? 24 months? More? Less? And what do you think the price will be listed as?

Wouldn't you rather buy one now at 2,400 than a 2 year old one at 1,900? ;_0

They are selling them at a low discount now. Given inflation and the proposed list price, it could be that a used one will sell for what you can get a new one for right now.

See, what's gonna' happen is this. Someone will get this stove, try to burn wood that got cut yesterday, call the stove a piece of expensive crap, and try to dump it on C/L for a grand just to get rid of it. A week later.
Now, back to the real world. Next fall, $2500. Same scenario as above, except for the price and timeframe.

BeGreen said:
They are selling them at a low discount now. Given inflation and the proposed list price, it could be that a used one will sell for what you can get a new one for right now.

That is very possible.

But, I am putting my faith in the the masses that are known to be dumb and lazy. Someone that bought it and ran it with wet wood and decided these damn stone stoves are crap.

Stump_Branch said:
Id put it at more than 24 months. Price depends on whos selling, stove guru, or moved into a new home and dont want a stove, fireplaces are better, person.

Hope the latter

Betting on the over is the safe bet since Woodstock hasn't even added the model to their website at this point.

dpgoalie said:
BrowningBAR said:

Wouldn't you rather buy one now at 2,400 than a 2 year old one at 1,900? ;_0

Oh, I've said it a few times, if I had the cash right now, I would have bought two of them. But, this thread isn't about me hoping to buy a used one, but more as to how long it will take a new product to hit the used market.

PapaDave said:
See, what's gonna' happen is this. Someone will get this stove, try to burn wood that got cut yesterday, call the stove a piece of expensive crap, and try to dump it on C/L for a grand just to get rid of it. A week later.
Now, back to the real world. Next fall, $2500. Same scenario as above, except for the price and timeframe.

A case of beer will be sent directly to you if this turns out to be true as I would purchase that stove in a heartbeat.

This spring - when they get one back for refurb!

Bill

BrowningBAR said:
PapaDave said:

A case of beer will be sent directly to you if this turns out to be true as I would purchase that stove in a heartbeat.

With a 6 mo return policy I don't think so. Especially once the price goes up.

BeGreen said:
BrowningBAR said:
PapaDave said:

With a 6 mo return policy I don't think so. Especially once the price goes up.

Never underestimate dumb and lazy! :lol:

But, you are probably a lot closer to being right, though.

leeave96 said:
This spring - when they get one back for refurb!

Bill

That is possible since they expected this stove to be too much heat for some people. I wonder what the final price will be (I believe $3,400-$3,600 is the current rumor) and what a first run refurb stove would be listed at?

Status
Not open for further replies.