Price or value suggestions on a used Regency insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
Been a while since I have posted due to work and family activities.

Finally got to see an insert that is for sale in our neck of the woods.

I believe it is a Regency and it is an EPA unit. It was used for 5 seasons before it has sat unused for the better part of a decade.

I would have to be the one to dismantle the installation and move it out of the seller's basement.

Would any one be able to tell me a pricing suggestion?

As well I am working to determine the exact model to know what sort of dimensions I am working with to know if it will fit in our fireplace.

The other thing I am doing is working to "sell" the idea of giving up the view and feel of an open fireplace for my bride.

She is still more than a bit skeptical as to giving up her wonderful view for more heat.

Please see attached photo.

Attachments

• Regency Insert.jpg
    Regency Insert.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 216
It looks like a Regency I3100. (Don't have to ask me how I know.) If it isn't called that, it is most definately the one that the I3100 replaced.

Check it over of course. See how well it will clean up, and if the blower works. Make sure it looks sound too...welds, fit, etc.

See Regency's website for dimensions on the I3100.

Cheers.

Maybe need a door gasket but looks good from here. What are they asking? Looks like list price may be towards $3k. I personally would have a hard time paying more than 1K for a used stove but others may feel different.

It turns out that it is a moot point as I am unwilling to cut bricks on our fireplace at this point and to install this unit I would have to do just that.

I am thinking more and more that installing a larger woodstove in our basement install will be a better bang for our buck until I can find the money for the right insert rather than retrofitting a used one into our fireplace.

No easy choices when one is working on a tight budget but its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.