Price sound a little steep for new Lopi Declaration?(FPX elite 33, Avalon etc..)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonedoc

Mar 18, 2007
Western CT
Just got my official price quote for the installation of a FPX elite 33. About $4100 for materials; stove, (basic) face and surround, chimney liner and $900 for labor.

Over $5000 is about $1000 more than I had been quoted for the soup-to-nuts install of a PE Summit or Jotul 550.

Does that sound a little steep or are these units just that expensive and difficult to install?

(Oil at $2.25/gallon seems more and more appealing all the time.....)

I paid just over $4,900 for my Lopi Endeavor install, which included: just over $2,000 for the stove, $400 for the pre-fab hearth pad, right at $900 to $1,000 for labor, and 5' of Selkirk double wall stove pipe and about 14' of Class A from Hart & Cooley. Expensive? Yes. Will takes years to "pay for itself"? Yes. Being warm in my own home for the first time in five years? Priceless. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.