Pricing a used Pellet Stove I intend to sell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acammer

Burning Hunk
Nov 12, 2014
Cayuga County NY
Hey all. I have ordered myself a Timber Ridge 55-TRPAH to replace my aged but very nice running Winrich Dynasty. The Dynasty is doing a great job heating my 2,100sqft home, but it has a relatively small hopper (just barely holds a bag), no thermostatic operation, no automatic ignition, and the dreaded single speed combustion blower that requires adjusting the damper any time you want to change the feed settings. It's really in good shape, it's been running 24/7 for the last two weeks or so without a hiccup, and it burns really clean as long as you take some time to make sure you know what to do with the damper. 20*F outside, 74*F inside and less than 2 bags a day.

So, I had considered keeping the Dynasty for my garage, but I guess that's a big no-no with flammables (cars, tractors, etc) so I'm just going to get it on craigslist. I'm just interested to see what you guys think it might be worth. I've been watching my local craigslist and I see pretty rough stoves going for 600-1000 bucks. This one is maybe a bit older, but it's clean and it works perfect. I was thinking $350 - how does that sit with you folks? Too much? Giving it away?

Winrich Dynasty.jpg

350 clams is a good price and exactly what I sold my well used Englander for about 10 years ago. Put it on Craigslist and off it.

I think that's reasonable and I'd be interested if you were closer. Everything around me looks like a royal piece of crap and they want $500+, of course they've been on CL for months.

From what I understand, it can be used in a garage just has to be 18" off the floor to avoid fume issues. Check with your permitting authority...

From what I understand, it can be used in a garage just has to be 18" off the floor to avoid fume issues. Check with your permitting authority...

Just like any appliance that has an open flame. Thats standard code. 18". Having said that I didn't when I installed my in floor heat (PEX). I use a 30 gallon propane fired HWH. It keeps my ambient floor temperature at a comfortable 80 degrees. HWH's today come with built in flame arrestors so I didn't get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.