Pricing a used VC Montpelier insert (moving!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagtec1

Burning Hunk
Dec 22, 2010
PA
So, we LOVE our VC Montpelier...but...we are moving. Our new home has a free standing stove, so we will be selling the VC. The buyers of our current home are not interested in wood burning, and would rather have an open fireplace. Crazy, I know. So this begs the question, how much should I try to sell the insert and 27' liner for? Our insert was installed in March of 2011, making it only 1 year old, and it has a Georgian surround.

Suggestions for pricing? Anyone interested?

Thanks!

Depends on how quickly you need to sell it. If you have little time then $12-1500? If you can store it until fall then sell, $2000?

Depends on how quickly you need to sell it. If you have little time then $12-1500? If you can store it until fall then sell, $2000?

I am glad Northeasterners do not think like Begreen, otherwise I would have spent a lot more on the used stoves I purchased.

I'm in no rush to sell it. It can certainly move with me and heat my garage! ;)

Im interested as well but only the stove, I have a liner. How long does it produce usable heat and how much space are you heating?

Sounds like this conversation should move to PMs or Articles for sale. Good luck!

PM's replied to. It is in great condition, one small hairline crack in rear refractory brick which does not affect performance....I noticed it not long after we got it, so it may have been there the entire time. If I pack it full on a good bed of coals, the blower will still be coming on well over 8 hours later. My home is 2000 SF, but I'd say we were ultimately heating about 1200+ of that space. It really is a nice unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.