Prince valve rebuild ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo C

Apr 11, 2010
Peoples Republic of NJ
Guys,
I have a TW-6 that is leaking out the back side of the valve. A local tech says the seals have been replaced and if that isn't stopping the leak a new valve purchase is in order.
Can these valves be "rebuilt" beyond replacing O rings ?
and if so who might be a shop to turn to in NorthEast region /

Thanks all

Last edited:
It's possible that the shaft has worn out to the point of seals no longer working properly. If that's the case it's likely cost efficient to just purchase a new valve. Oh, and go Mets!!

Reactions: Angelo C
O rings for those valves are usually pretty easy to service. If there is excessive wear beyond the O rings, I agree, a new valve is probably in order, but I would try the O rings replacement first. Fairly cheap parts.

O rings for those valves are usually pretty easy to service. If there is excessive wear beyond the O rings, I agree, a new valve is probably in order, but I would try the O rings replacement first. Fairly cheap parts.

we did the O rings already.
Machine is fairly low time but 8 yrs old.

Is it a rd 5000 series autocycle valve? Try cylinder services inc in Rochester ny, 585-328-0607 or prince at 605-235-1220.

Just called Don at Cylinder services ( btw its 328-0670) what a nice group to talk to. went way over backwards to help best as possible. Is sending a parts blow up ( IPL) for the seals and parts to see if there are any "more" seals that might be replaced before a new valve is ordered.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.