Princess hearth pad size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete1018

Dec 28, 2009
Kawartha Lakes,Ontario
Just getting ready to install my new Blaze King and need to make a hearth pad to sit it on. The manual says in Canada a minimum for floor protection is 43"x55". Is 43 the width or the depth of the pad? I have purchased 3/4 plywood a sheet of micore and durock cement board plus the tile but just want to make sure of the proper size before I cut anything.

I wouldn't worry about the size they say but build it for what you need. You'll need 18" from the front and 8" to the sides, how far off the wall are you placing it? That will determine how deep it needs to be. Mine is sitting on a 48"x48" pad and the T-Stat housing is the minimum 6" off the wall.(non combustible wall)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 252
I will have to take some measurements where the stove will sit once I can find the help to move it into the house. Thanks for the reply.

Mine is on a 54x54. Was min size needed for a corner install.

Status
Not open for further replies.