Princess Insert or Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthlandMN

Nov 8, 2008
Hermantown, MN
I need to purchase a wood stove before the tax rebate runs out. I have it narrowed down to the Prince Insert or a Woodstock Fireview. Which stove will put out the most heat? I need all the heat I can get.

Thanks for your assistance.

The fireview has max 55,000 btu The princess insert 40,000 plus btus both will heat 1600sf but the burn times are much longer on the Princess. I think both will provide you plenty of heat with the right wood. Loading a stove once a day sounds pretty nice. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Below I just pasted some info on both stoves you probably already read. Let us know what you decide.

The Princess Insert, PI1010, is Blaze King solution to wood inserts. Replace that old insert that under performs with a Princess Insert and you’ll receive great performance, superb efficiencies and phenomenal heat in your home! The secret to transferring heat into your home lies in the overall physical design, catalytic technology and an honest to goodness thermostat. Stop sending valuable Btu’s up your stack … purchase the premier wood insert, the Princess PI1010.

This product is only for sale in NY state counties of: Orange, Sullivan, Ulster & Dutchess
• 40,000 Plus Real World Btu’s

• Incredible 81.5% Efficiency

• World-Famous Thermostat Control

• Large 2.85 Cubic Foot Fire box

• 20 Plus Hours Low Burn Times

• Large View Glass Door

• Holds Up To 60 Pounds Of Wood

• Easy To Clean Hinged Door

• 1400 Degree Ceramic Glass

• Standard Variable Speed Fan

• Temperature Sensor Turns Fan off/on at your Preset Speed

• Optional Gold Plated Door

• 40,000 Plus Real World Btu’s

• Incredible 81.5% Efficiency

• World-Famous Thermostat Control

• Large 2.85 Cubic Foot Fire box

• 20 Plus Hours Low Burn Times

• Large View Glass Door

• Holds Up To 60 Pounds Of Wood

• Easy To Clean Hinged Door

• 1400 Degree Ceramic Glass

• Standard Variable Speed Fan

• Temperature Sensor Turns Fan off/on at your Preset Speed

• Optional Gold Plated Door

• Width:25"

• Height:23"

• Depth:26"

Fireview Wood Stove

Penetrating soapstone warmth

Handmade for 25 years in New Hampshire

Detailed iron castings and thick double walls of soapstone

Heat up to 1600 square feet

Burns up to 12 hours

Crystal clear fire-viewing. Unique “airwash” keeps window free of soot and ash.

Protects against power outages - no electricity required

Detailed ornamental iron castings available in 5 colors - matte black, charcoal, and metallic grey, blue, or brown

Factory-direct prices

Six-Month Risk Free Trial

Thanks Cal. I own a large home and already have a fireview. I was wondering how it would compare to the Princess. I know the Princess has a larger firebox, thermostat and fan. It would also take up less space. Thanks again.

there both great stoves. im bias thought of course. the blaze king is just an awesome stove. it'll bring you nothig but happiness.

The BK holds more wood and will deliver more BTU's. You won't get the radiant heat from the Princess like you do from the Fireview since it's sitting inside the fireplace but if your looking to take up less space an insert is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.