pristine stihl 009 not oiling!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joel95ex

Nov 3, 2010
NE TX
My dad gave me his barely used 009...fired up immediately after sitting at least 20 years. BUT the oiler is not working. It is the type that works off of pressure--not gear driven. I removed it, every hole is clear, ran vacuum through it and the plunger is moving freely.... can't figure out why it is not working. the local stihl mechanic was no help. Does anyone have any tips? One site someone mentioned something about the muffler as this "pump" just uses crankcase pressure to push oil. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Might try cleaning the oil tank with some kerosene my be plug up some where. Let it soak in there over night.

SOLVED-----even though the diaphragm was clean, and somewhat flexible, it was rigid when compared to the new one. the filter was 1.60 and the diaphragm was 7 bucks so for about 9 dollars the problems has been solved. works great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.