Pro install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchinpa

Feb 25, 2008
Western PA
Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster. LOTS of great info on this site. Just bought a Breckwell P2700 last week to augment my wood burning fireplace, and the installer will be out on Friday. In looking at the invoice, I do not see a stove adapter listed, only a cleanout increaser tee (from 3" to 4"). The installer plans to use 4" Duravent pipe. Can he attach an increaser tee right to the stove, or did he forget to order a stove adapter? I would like this done right, and on time, and I am worried that if he missed ordering that part, it will be another week or so before the install will take place. Thanks in advance!

Every dealer/installer is different, but some carry extra parts on
their trucks. Best bet would be to give your dealer/installer a ring and ask em.

When our stove was installed, there were changes on what was ordered
vs. what was actually needed when they got here. The installers made the
changes on the spot and the dealer just adjusted the bill later.

Thanks for the quick replies! I did talk to the installer today, and he confirmed Shane's response, that the stove adapter would be redundant. Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.