Pro Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
Anyone noticing a difference between this years Pro Pellets and last years ???

Not bad, but not as good. Kinda inbetween.

Oh no, Not another with fiber issue's?

I'll say it again, If they don't have the in house control on the fiber. Its gonna happen unless QC is on there toes!

IMHO the pro-pellets I bought last year had more than twice ash content then the previous year.That is the reason I went with the uncle jeds this year.I still have about 3 tons of the crappy pro-pellets to burn from last year.coobie

coobie said:
IMHO the pro-pellets I bought last year had more than twice ash content then the previous year.That is the reason I went with the uncle jeds this year.I still have about 3 tons of the crappy pro-pellets to burn from last year.coobie

Ouch...that sucks when you have to struggle through this kind of thing... :-(

slvrblkk said:
coobie said:

I am going to try to mix the 3/4 of the jeds with 1/4 pro-pellets when I fill my stove and see how they burn.coobie

coobie said:
slvrblkk said:
coobie said:

I am going to try to mix the 3/4 of the jeds with 1/4 pro-pellets when I fill my stove and see how they burn.coobie

I got stuck with a ton of Penningtons a couple of years ago and that sucked burning through them. I was mixing them with some Pennwoods I had and it still sucked. Pennington did reimburse me for the ton but it still wasn't worth it......

I'm not saying my propellets are not burning good, they are and the ash is low. but I have a ton from last year and they are burning alittle hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.