Pro Stove cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forya

Feb 18, 2010
Bucks County Pa
I have a new Harman accentra, and since I wasn't here when it was installed, I have no idea what it even looks like inside, once I slide it out. So I was thinking about getting it cleaned by the installer this year and being home to watch. Is there anything I need to tell them? Do they clean the Chimney insert that they slid all they way up my chimney? Should I clean everything in the front that I usually do weekly before they come?

The things that need attention that you can only see with Insert pulled out
are the clean-out @ Tee, comb. fan and it's motor, convec. fan and it's motor and hopper, auger, auger motor.

If your Harman Manual doesn't show you this, I'd download some other manual that does...they're all *basically* the same.

As far as the liner...you could just do the *Leaf Blower* thing.

Click on LINK Below:

Leaf Blower / Vacuum Trick

I don't think the leaf blower trick would work in my case. The only access to my chimney I have is in my living room, and a gas leaf blower would probably not make my wife too happy. I don't even think I have a "T" my exhaust goes straight to my pre-existing chimney, which is lined with a 25 ft s/s liner.

I don't have an access other than in my living room, where the stove mates with the chimney liner, I would be killed if I brought the leaf blower in, and ANY leaked, ash would blow all over my carpet

forya said:
I don't have an access other than in my living room, where the stove mates with the chimney liner, I would be killed if I brought the leaf blower in, and ANY leaked, ash would blow all over my carpet
Get up on the roof and stick the leaf sucker on top of the stainless pipe and it'll suck everything out of your stove and blow it outside. Worked perfect for me, except for the 30ft soot cloud that landed in my neighbors pool.

relxn88 said:
forya said:
Get up on the roof and stick the leaf sucker on top of the stainless pipe and it'll suck everything out of your stove and blow it outside. Worked perfect for me, except for the 30ft soot cloud that landed in my neighbors pool.
thats what I meant.

I live pretty close to my neighbor, with his white fence, and white siding. He is going to love me

Status
Not open for further replies.