1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

(probably a) Septic Issue?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by abrucerd, Nov 5, 2012.

1. gmule

gmule Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Conifer Colorado

My 2 year old used to play the game of will it flush. I had to lock down the lids on the toilets in case the older kids would forget the shut the bathroom door. I even had to remove the toilet from the floor a few times to get things out of the trap on the toilet. Funniest thing I removed was a barbie doll.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I imagine the cucka sucker guy probably told you that dumping hot grease down the drain is not a wise habit to continue . . . just because it can cool down, harden and clump up.
  3. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    It converts back to crisco.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    If only I had written our former fire inspector earlier I could have told you exactly what the problem was . . . or vice versa . . . turns out in an e-mail I received today he had the very same problem earlier this summer only he ended up digging up the whole system before he discovered that filter/baffle. Rinsed it out and replaced it . . . had the same type of back up and everything.