(probably a) Septic Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be worth it to know what it was clogged with.
Someone in your house may be flushing things they shouldn't.
Non-flushable (synthetic) wipes, feminine products, etc. are all typical culprits.
I'm sure the guy working on your system could tell you all kinds of stories.

My 2 year old used to play the game of will it flush. I had to lock down the lids on the toilets in case the older kids would forget the shut the bathroom door. I even had to remove the toilet from the floor a few times to get things out of the trap on the toilet. Funniest thing I removed was a barbie doll.

I imagine the cucka sucker guy probably told you that dumping hot grease down the drain is not a wise habit to continue . . . just because it can cool down, harden and clump up.

It converts back to crisco.

If only I had written our former fire inspector earlier I could have told you exactly what the problem was . . . or vice versa . . . turns out in an e-mail I received today he had the very same problem earlier this summer only he ended up digging up the whole system before he discovered that filter/baffle. Rinsed it out and replaced it . . . had the same type of back up and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.