Probe temp vs exit temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

farmwithjunk

Sep 19, 2022
PA
Gauge 18" up from stove through double wall reads about 450 but 16' later it's 175. That's Duraliner insulated rigid in a chase with maybe 12 inches above the concrete cap . Checked it with IR gun getting a few inches down into the pipe.

If temp is linear then I'd have to burn at 700 on the gauge to get the magical 250 at the cap.

Anyone else confirm they are at 250 or more at the cap? What about stove pipe temps if that's the case?

Can you guess where the liner is from the pic?

2023-10-11-19-58-20.jpg

Lots of questions come with this. How long has the stove been burning? At what stage is the fire? How is Duraliner being used in a chase?

Lots of questions come with this. How long has the stove been burning? At what stage is the fire? How is Duraliner being used in a chase?
Burning for a few days but just had a few splits near the tail end of heat when I checked. Not sure how you mean the liner being used. It's in an unlined chase with a concrete cap. I have 2 feet of DVL off the stove, 2 feet horizontal single wall adapter to the tee then 16 feet of the rigid.

At that stage there is no creosote being produced. It this in a wooden chase or in a concrete block or masonry chimney?