Problem with insert install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
I am installing a BK princess insert. I took out the old 45 degree elbow on my old insert. I am not happy with this connection, does not look good to me. The male part of the SS liner is not going into the stove all the way. Evan if I try and push it down it will not go all the way in. I just purchased a new elbow and hope it works. to much wet snow on roof to pull up liner and try it out. Check out the pictures.
DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0001-5.jpg

DSC_0003-7.jpg

wow thats a nice stove!

greythorn3 said:
wow thats a nice stove!
Thanks, I am running out of steam pulling this insert in and out to hook up the 6 inch. I hope this new connection piece works.
I bet its warm in Alaska because it colder in Minnesota right now with snow snow melting. The ground is to warm for it to stay.

ya its 50 somthing today really warm here, im sure that will change. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.