Problem with my new blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey guys , I recently recieved my new blower for my wood stove, I had to order it out of state because the neariest dealer is three hours away, but anyhow here is the problem, the blower is setup to run manual or on automatic, from my understanding when the firebox temp gets hot enough the blower kicks on and when the stove cools down it shuts off, but when i turn the switch to run on auto the blower never comes on, but will run fine on manual, I notice that there is what they call a snap switch that has to touch the ashlip on the front part of the stove and i made sure this was right, but is this snap switch a rheostat that kicks the fan in and out , what should i do guys? I hate to send the whole fan and switch all back, could they just send me the part to fix it?

rr30,
morning. I'm not an electronics guy but here goes. A reostat is like a volume knob on a radio, right ? This switch is supposed to be either on or off, to pull the heat from the hot stove when you reach good running
temps, and is triggered by heat.
I'm thinking that it may have been damaged durring install and a call to the manufacturer may be necessary - but i'm thinking i might do a little test first
If you are sure that you have it installed correctly and the ash lip is reaching the appropriate temp it should be flipping. Somewhere in your paperwork it probably tells you what temp this switch will trigger at ? I'm thinking get the fire box up to temp then pull your thermometer off the stove and put it on the ash lip as close to your selected sensor location as possiable, giving it time to adjust, to see if it is reaching that temp (or higher)?
That sounds like a nice feature. Wish mine had that. Had a Magic Heat on my last stove that ran like that, pulled the heat when it was hot......
Hey, just an idea and i'm sure you'll get a bunch more when folks wake up. When you get a chance could you post any info on that type of switch and where to buy?
rn

Pull the thermodisk, hold one of the mounting tabs
with a pair of needlenose pliers & hold a flame -
match, lighter, blowtorch, whatever - under the disk.
If the disk is working, you will hear a little click or a metallic 'tink"
If you don't, hear it, it's not working....Replace it.
I will say, however, that some t-disks are very stubborn when they're new,
& can take a LONG time to actuate.
We actually perform the flame thingie to check em at install
& this seems to get em to work sooner on the appliance...
First time I've heard of one mounted under the ash lip.
Most of the are in direct contact with the stove body, tho I suppose
the ash lip qualifies as part of it...
HTH...

Status
Not open for further replies.