Problem with my Whitfield Profile 20 pellet...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKNJ

Sep 14, 2007
When I start the stove, the blower goes on high, the pellets drop and the fire starts without a problem. Then when the fan switches into low speed, there is an intermittent vibrating noise coming from inisde the stove, sounds almost as if the fan was rubbing on something, the lights on the side flicker and the air flow slows considerably, the flame gets lazy and the room air flow slows as well. I clean the stove very regularly, from the insides to the exhaust pipes. any advice would be appreciated, this stove is the sole source of heat for my downstairs room...
I am pretty sure I need it serviced, but didnt know if anyone had any ideas for a simple solution

No real simple solution comes to mind on that one. The lights flickering indicate a possible control board problem, there could also be an issue with the power supply maybe? Sounds like something, as a tech, that I would need to see and run tests on to diagnose.

Status
Not open for further replies.