Problem with ResoluteII

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthyphil

Nov 11, 2007
We bought our house last year and it has a woodstove (only heat source for the L/R)and I have no prior experience with stoves.From what I can figure,it's a Resolute II,model 0042.The griddle is flush with the stove top,has a single drop down door,and "shaker grates".Inside the box just above the shaker grates on all four sides are pieces that somewhat interlock together to form a box(so to speak).While cleaning out the stove the front piece lifted out then the other three pieces seemed to follow,made for easier cleaning.Problem is now I can't get them in right to close the door.There's only one way they can go back in but the piece in the front sticks out a little to far and the door won't shut.Spent hours trying to get them to fit in I but can't,now, while trying to fix that problem there's a piece on the right side (inside) of the box just above the grate (looks like a baffle) that won't stay in place without the other pieces.I called a fireplace co. but they only do sales now.I'm afraid to call anyone else for fear that they're gonna tell me this things shot and try to sell me a new stove.Did I really screw this thing up or what??Can I use it without the four interlocking pieces and the baffle??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Phil

Filthyphil said:
We bought our house last year and it has a woodstove (only heat source for the L/R)and I have no prior experience with stoves.From what I can figure,it's a Resolute II,model 0042.The griddle is flush with the stove top,has a single drop down door,and "shaker grates".Inside the box just above the shaker grates on all four sides are pieces that somewhat interlock together to form a box(so to speak).While cleaning out the stove the front piece lifted out then the other three pieces seemed to follow,made for easier cleaning.Problem is now I can't get them in right to close the door.There's only one way they can go back in but the piece in the front sticks out a little to far and the door won't shut.Spent hours trying to get them to fit in I but can't,now, while trying to fix that problem there's a piece on the right side (inside) of the box just above the grate (looks like a baffle) that won't stay in place without the other pieces.I called a fireplace co. but they only do sales now.I'm afraid to call anyone else for fear that they're gonna tell me this things shot and try to sell me a new stove.Did I really screw this thing up or what??Can I use it without the four interlocking pieces and the baffle??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Phil

If its a Resolute Acclaim, there is a manual on the Vermont Casting website. There is plenty of VC burners here, someone will chime in.
Elk, oh ELK!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELK to the information desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filthyphil said:
I went on the VC website , the diagram doesn't show the four "interlocking pieces".

Don't see the parts on here?

Attachments

• Resolute_Acclaim diagram.jpg
    Resolute_Acclaim diagram.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 284
Thanks Cory,but the diagram doesn't show the four pieces I'm talking about nor does it show the shaker grates.

Well Corey, took ya long enough. Ya know I know nuttin bout VC's. Damnit I'm a Summit man!!!! ;)
Thanks fer keeping in touch and calling me. ;)

Would it possible (or advisable) to take out all the grates (shaker grates) and the pieces that go around the sides that I'm having the problem with and just burn without them in the bottom of the stove???

Status
Not open for further replies.