Problem with St. Croix Hastings Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
May 28, 2008
Staatsburg, NY
So I had the side off of my Hastings for some time as I was working on the versa grate motor. Today I go to put the side back on and it seems as if I'm having an issue with my fan now. The fan and auger seem to be working on level 1, even though I have it set to level 3 or higher. I do have a thermostat hooked up to it, and the Tstat is calling for heat, so I'm not sure why I can't get the stove to change heat levels. I checked all the wires that I can think of and they all seem fine. Any ideas/suggestions?

In my 5th burning season with a St. Croix Hastings. Here's one thing to check. If I'm correct, to work on the motor you had the right hand (you facing the front of the stove) side off. This is the side my control panel is on, and on the newer control panel there is a little slide switch in the upper right hand corner called the "Thermostat Slide Switch which has three settings; 'Manual'; 'T-Stat'; 'Smartstat'. If you accidentally moved that switch by bumping into it while working on the motor then that might be the problem.
Good Luck

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately I have an older one with the older control panel which doesn't have the switch. You have to change the actual jumpers on the control board. But after playing around with it, things started to work again. Can't tell you what I did, but for now we're OK.

Yeah...I had that control board when I first got the stove. The installers didn't know how to set the jumpers! I had to figure it out on my own.
Anyway...glad you have 'solved' the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.