problem with stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanstove

Jan 31, 2014
nc
I have a KING PELLET STOVE made from US STOVE CO...

its 3 yrs old.....works great but the problem is.....
it starts fine and when the fan starts it makes an intermittent humming sound .....
very annoying..lol......I took the side panel off to take a look..it sounds its coming from the exhaust blower....
I was wondering if anyone experienced the same.....
I would change the part but it costs about 277 bucks....pretty steep to just start replacing things....
any suggestions....

Thanks Stan..

When was the last time you took it out and evicted the dust bunnies? Pellet dust, pet hair and general household dust accumulates and gets it out of balance. If lucky the motor may have an oil port.

Reactions: charger1966
When was the last time you took it out and evicted the dust bunnies? Pellet dust, pet hair and general household dust accumulates and gets it out of balance. If lucky the motor may have an oil port.
so just take the blower motor out and clean it ??? ive never takin it out to clean it before....

There's a first time for everything. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.