Problem with Whitfield Lenox Profile 20 Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
CT
I am having a problem with my standalone Whitfield-Lenox Profile 20 Pellet Stove.

Every time I leave the stove on the low heat setting, it will inevitably shut down and go into default mode. It doesn't matter what speed the fan blower is set at.

Any ideas why this is constantly happening?

Thanks for the help.

The fire is getting too low and either not being detected by the photoeye or actually blowing out. Try adjusting your air control on the side of the stove. If this doesn't work turn the combustion blower trim down 1 and turn the auger trim up 1 (process outlined in your manual). Try this for awhile and adjust the trims as necessary.

I finally got around to trying your suggestion, Shane.
I took the side panel off the stove to access the damper knob.....

But I am a little unsure of how to adjust the damper.

Do I want more air or less air?
I would think I would want more air since the flame is too low on the low setting, thereby going into default mode.....is that right?

If so, which way should the damper go? Should I push the damper in further or pull it out?

Thanks for the help.
mike

also
with Longer pellets you may have to burn the stove on one setting higher because the pellets dont feed enough at a time
or dump a bunch at one time and the fire will go out.

This will happen with Longer pellets.

Actually I would try less air. Pushing the damper in gives less air and pulling it out gives more air. Let us know how it turns out.

Shane --

I pushed the damper in a little bit (probably about half way) and the stove ran all day on the low setting.....with no defaults...

Just to make sure that I've got the damper set right, could you describe the flame characteristics I should be looking for??
And any other issues that would tell me if the damper is set appropriately....

Thanks for the help.

You want a nice active flame with a "popcorn" effect going on in the burn pot. You don't want excessive chunks of embers or unburned fuel being expelled from the burnpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.