Problems keeping breckwell pellet stove running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erik123

Dec 7, 2014
Maine
Hey all,

I have a Breckwell p23 pellet stove. I recently had problems with the convection blower and replace that. However, now occasionally the convection blower will shut off and the stove will stop feeding pellets, but I think the combustion blower still runs. The heat level light remains on, yet you can't change the level. If you do nothing it will just die out. However, if you hit the power button the #3 heat level light will blink, then when you hit the power button again the convection blower starts immediately and the auger begins feeding pellets immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sorry your post got missed ... but welcome to the forum.

From the manual:
In case of a malfunctioning convection blower, the high-temperature thermodisc will automatically shut down the auger, preventing
the stove from overheating.

Did you go over the wiring when you replaced the convection blower? Unplug the stove and check that connections are solid and no damage to wires?

The other option is that you are actually experiencing high temp situations and the safety is doing it's job. When was your last deep clean for the internal exhaust pathways and exhaust venting? Accumulated ash can set off the high limit switch...

Another thing to check would be the proof of fire snap disc. These can be temporarily by-passed to determine if that is the cause - relatively inexpensive part so may not hurt to change out or have back-up on hand.

Other suggestions can be found on page 24 of the manual http://www.pelletking.com/Pellet-Stove-Manuals/Breckwell-P23-Pellet-Stove-Manual.pdf

Keep us posted on how you make out...

Status
Not open for further replies.