problems starting a stihl ms360

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lammi66

Feb 24, 2008
SW MI
OK guys, I have been a big fan of this forum for quite a while now and have learned a LOT of valuable knowledge. Can anyone suggest what to do next on an MS360.

1.Purchased MS360 from a closing wholesale lumber facility.
2.Replaced starter cord, new spark plug, and fresh gas.
3. It started on 2 occasions, but I have never cut any wood.
4. It does not start easily and recently it will not start.
5. Diaphragm is next "best guess"?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, besides taking it to the dealer!! Thank you!

I always look at the simple stuff first.
Stihl likes to be started how they tell you too in the owners manual.
Full choke, pull till blips, up one on the choke, make sure the brake is on.... pull till fires up.
If that does not work.. start looking at ignition.

Agree with the above except that I've never set the brake on mine while starting. Stihl's start like a son-of-a-gun if you don't do it per the book. Full choke till the first time it makes a noise like it wants to start. Then half choke and it should start in 2-3 pulls.

Great saw, by the way....

fuel filter and line.You can also pull the muffler cover off and check the piston for scoreing

Does it run okay when it does start?

As smokin said, check the fuel filter and line. I'd also check to see if the jets are set correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.