Just the Way It Is.... problems with a PM (conversation) being deleted?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmule

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Conifer Colorado
I had a PM deleted from my in box. Has anyone else had this happen?

That was just mentioned in another thread. Some possible reasons:

- The other member deleted the PM himself.
- The other member closed his account which probably means the PMs go, too.
- Since it is the second instance in a few days, maybe a forum bug after the recent update?

I don't think the member who sent it can delete if from your messages, I'd go with option 2 or 3 maybe

Only possible reason for a deleted convo at this point is a banned member whose convo's were deleted by the admin.

This is very rare - usually we ban members (when required) without choosing to ban their messages and/or convos. But we have the option and if we feel the convo's were misused (it's our judgement call), we can choose a checkbox when member is banned.

Long story short, no messages are searched our and/or deleted individually. But if EITHER a member requests for them to go bye-bye or we decide for them to, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.