Problems with my Harman Accentra Insert----more wait

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shilly

Jul 31, 2008
Southeastern MA
Waited 5 months finally had the insert installed yesterday. Everything WAS working great, warm up our 1st nicely. Lower the temperature and went out for dinner, came back NO FIRE AT ALL ! Thinking the room was too warm because the oil furnace was on, shut everything and tried to restart the stove, nothing happen, no even a sound ! We turned the FEED SPEED to "TEST", we can hear the blower was blowing and that's it. No pellet would be push out to the fire pot.

We took all pellets out, clean the fire pot, vacuum the whole thing. Re-start it again, no luck, the stove is dead quiet !

They just installed it this morning, taught us how to clean it, how to turn it on, I guess they did what they suppose to ......

Now first thing on Saturday morning, called the stove shop, finally the technician who installed it called back and told me he thinks is the failure with some blower.... but their blower are out of stock.... may be I will have my stove working in Spring !!! :long:

Do you think the technician is right ? Any suggestion will be helpful ! I want to USE my 2 tons of pellets before the rats getting to comfy with them in my garage.

combustion blower not working.....
when you turn it on from a cold start you should hear the comb blower turn on open the door you should hear a blower running.
if not open the stove and give it a spin it should spin free....

Sounds like you have a dippy stove technician to me. Harmen stands behind their products. You have a gold warrenty...everything is covered for 3 years. Sounds like you are being dicked around...find a new dealer!

It sounds like the comb blower yes check to see if it spins free......
Your dealer should consider removing a blower from a stove in stock to resolve this..... If it is bad.
******************EDIT*****************************
Shilly read the bold, your dealer......

shilly said:
There is no other Harman dealer in my Southcoast of MA area !!!

Don't know whereabouts you are on the south shore or who your dealer was,
but there is a Harman dealer in Dartmouth (AshAway Hearth & Chimney)
and another in Mansfield (Kirley Masonry) that may be able to help you.

our insert was installed on 12/09/08. worked great, except a little smokey for first week, until yesterday, 01/07/09. fire went out. wouldn't feed, ignite, nothing. only lights on were "power", "status" and "combustion blower". thoroughly cleaned it last night with no results. called store this morning at 9am. Within a minute of me describing problem, tech thought it was the combustion blower. Tech at house by 2:30pm same day and repaired by 3:30pm. Tech wouldn't admit there was a problem with the combustion blowers, but I did get out of him that they are replacing a lot of the combustion blowers. he did say that the replacement blowers have been trouble free. been running great for 3 hours, have my fingers crossed. final note, the new blower is really pushing air out of the burn pot holes, much more so than the original unit.

Status light blinking? How many blinks a cycle??

Status
Not open for further replies.