Problems with saw.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatsTwice

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2008
Santa Rosa, California
I might have gotten ripped off when I bought this, it doesn't cut well. It was used, maybe I just need to sharpen the blade.

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 610
Rookie mistake. Blade is on backwards.

I was thinking it had to be mod'ed. But how.

Filed incorrectly . . . does it kind of curve to one side when sawing through the wood?

Could it be that the hole in the center is too small for my finger? I read someplace that a good mod requires up to three holes - like on a bowling ball.

HeatsTwice said:
I might have gotten ripped off when I bought this, it doesn't cut well. It was used, maybe I just need to sharpen the blade.

Prob just needs the carb cleaned and adjusted. That looks like an older model and it has probably set around a while. Some guys swear by sea-foam, so that may be worth a look too.

Did you get the battery charger with it?

Mine works fine.

Should have bought a Stihl and not a cheap Chinese knock off. ;) :)

Problem is probably with the ethanol . . .

I can't find the motor

Hey, just like my first saw. Needs 25:1 and none of that Yuppie veggie bar oil. Watch that large tip radius, they kick like a mule.

Bigg_Redd said:
HeatsTwice said:

Is that the new ultra-low emissions MS251?

No - I am sure that it is the new "Woodchuck 2000" from Ronco.

Impulse line's got a crack in it so its not pulling fuel right. Mine was the same way.

Have you checked the fuel filter? Probly runs great for a few seconds but then lacks rpm's right?

Clogged sluggish oiler. No doubt. Try the blue winter stuff for this cold weather.

Thank you for all the helpful advise.

I have decided to paint to handle black and sell it on craigslist. These things are popular in Ninja Weapons circles.

He didn't seem to care about the blade being on backwards, left/right handed issues or the problems with the fuel/emissions/oiler/engine.

He wasn't interested in cutting wood.

I made money.

Status
Not open for further replies.