Procedure for Hi/Low mode on Englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamInVa

Minister of Fire
Jun 14, 2011
Eastern, Virginia
Its been so long since I've had to run my 25-EP on hi/low mode I can't remember how to do it? I did a search and couldn't find it. I know you unplug it, push a button...blank...

Any help? Thanks.

never mind.. i found it..

unplug the stove...then plug it back in and quickly push both the down arrows at the same time... on/off will show 0 0 in the displays and hi/lo will show H L in the display.

never mind.. i found it..

unplug the stove...then plug it back in and quickly push both the down arrows at the same time... on/off will show 0 0 in the displays and hi/lo will show H L in the display.
I've owned a 25-ep for a year now. Just what effect will it have on the stove by putting it in hi verses low?

I've owned a 25-ep for a year now. Just what effect will it have on the stove by putting it in hi verses low?

It's not "high vs low" it's "high/low" vs "on/off". The thermostat can be run in 2 ways.
In high/low mode, when the thermostat is not calling for heat, the stove will drop the heat range to 1, and when it is calling for heat it will run at your selected heat range (though the display will always indicate the selected range).
In on/off mode, when the thermostat is not calling for heat the stove will shut down, when it is calling for heat, it will start back up.
Some stoves also have a hybrid mode where they run in high/low, but if there hasn't been a call for heat after a certain period (like an hour) they'll shut down.

High/low uses more pellets, and can overheat your space during warmer times as the stove is always putting out some heat.
On/off uses the ignitor more, but saves pellets.

It's debatable which is better, so I won't get into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.