clary Posted By clary, Jul 4, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clary

clary
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 4, 2006
    I have a Temco Model TEM 36-2 fireplace with chimney damaged due to Hurricane. I was told that Temco sold out to another company and the parts are not available for this model. Also was told that the entire fireplace would have to be changed out since factory parts are not available for the chimney. Does anyone know if this is correct? I am trying to locate a manual for this model but have not had any luck with online searches. Thanks for any help. Clary

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Tempco sold out to CFM products. I don't understand how a part of the fireplace unit reached far enough up the chimney to get hurt by the hurricane?

3. Shane

Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2005
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I'd check with CFM go to their website and find your nearest dealer(s) and they'll be able to find out for you.

4. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    As mentioned, they are owned by CFM now.

The manufacturer will clearly tell you whether they have the replacement pipe - if your fireplace is from the last 10-12 years you might be OK - if older, you must replace the fireplace and chimney - but don't worry, they are relatively inexpensive. A low end Temco fireplace and chimney would sell for less than $1000 with chimney and perhaps even glass doors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.