1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

product manual Temco

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by clary, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clary

clary New Member

I have a Temco Model TEM 36-2 fireplace with chimney damaged due to Hurricane. I was told that Temco sold out to another company and the parts are not available for this model. Also was told that the entire fireplace would have to be changed out since factory parts are not available for the chimney. Does anyone know if this is correct? I am trying to locate a manual for this model but have not had any luck with online searches. Thanks for any help. Clary

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Tempco sold out to CFM products. I don't understand how a part of the fireplace unit reached far enough up the chimney to get hurt by the hurricane?
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I'd check with CFM go to their website and find your nearest dealer(s) and they'll be able to find out for you.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    As mentioned, they are owned by CFM now.

The manufacturer will clearly tell you whether they have the replacement pipe - if your fireplace is from the last 10-12 years you might be OK - if older, you must replace the fireplace and chimney - but don't worry, they are relatively inexpensive. A low end Temco fireplace and chimney would sell for less than $1000 with chimney and perhaps even glass doors.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.