product manual Temco

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clary

Jul 4, 2006
I have a Temco Model TEM 36-2 fireplace with chimney damaged due to Hurricane. I was told that Temco sold out to another company and the parts are not available for this model. Also was told that the entire fireplace would have to be changed out since factory parts are not available for the chimney. Does anyone know if this is correct? I am trying to locate a manual for this model but have not had any luck with online searches. Thanks for any help. Clary

Tempco sold out to CFM products. I don't understand how a part of the fireplace unit reached far enough up the chimney to get hurt by the hurricane?

clary said:
I have a Temco Model TEM 36-2 fireplace with chimney damaged due to Hurricane. I was told that Temco sold out to another company and the parts are not available for this model. Also was told that the entire fireplace would have to be changed out since factory parts are not available for the chimney. Does anyone know if this is correct? I am trying to locate a manual for this model but have not had any luck with online searches. Thanks for any help. Clary

As mentioned, they are owned by CFM now.

The manufacturer will clearly tell you whether they have the replacement pipe - if your fireplace is from the last 10-12 years you might be OK - if older, you must replace the fireplace and chimney - but don't worry, they are relatively inexpensive. A low end Temco fireplace and chimney would sell for less than $1000 with chimney and perhaps even glass doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.