Profile 20 No low burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveNovice

Jan 28, 2016
CT
I have an older model Profile 20-no ash cleanouts behind the fire brick and has photo eye located under the hopper.... Here is the deal. Stove has been cleaned thoroughly (even checked some areas per this web site) Stove will start up with no issues. Once it changes from the initial start up phase to its' regular fan and feed setting, it will burnout and go into fault mode (green blinking light) -THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON THE LOW SETTING. The stove will run fine with no issues on both medium and high. I believe the stove is approx. 10 years old. It's done this on and off since I own it. I can say for certainty that the door gasket has never been changed, however, I did check it using the "paper strip" method and it seems ok. (I will be changing it regardless) The photo eye is clean and the motors have been removed and the fans cleaned etc..... Just looking for another possible cause. Thanks.

May need to replace that photoeye. There have been some posts recently mentioning that the photo eye can be purchased more inexpensively. I believe there have also been members that have removed the photoeye altogether and replaced with a POF snap disc which was the original design Whitfield used.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...anding-blinking-clicking.134881/#post-2024813

Have you tried the leaf blower trick to ensure that the internal pathways are clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.