1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Profile 20 optical eye location

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Doublem, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Doublem

Doublem New Member

Loc:
    Central Calif
    Where, exactly, is the optical eye located on a freestanding Profile 20? I read something about a factory upgrade kit and mine does not have that. I have been having problems with stove going into fault mode several times.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lpgreg

lpgreg Member

Loc:
    central mi.
    The photoeye views the fire through the filter. The filter is located at the top of the feed chute near the hopper and on the left side for the Profile20 fs-2. This area and filter needs to be cleaned periodically to prevent excessive buildup, which may cause the stove to go into fault mode. I clean mine with a mirror, flashlight and a pencil paintbrush. On my 30 insert it can also be accessed from inside the hopper three 11/32's screws holding the cover down. This is all in the manual.
  3. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    having lots of nusance shut downs?
    clean the eye, still having troubles, order the re-location kit(serial numbers <7495)

relocation kit part # h0351
  4. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    before the relocation the photoeye was mounted basically under the auger. To get at it you have to get the blower on the right side (while facing the front of the unit) off, then theres a "L" shaped piece of sheet metal to remove, and then you can reach into the opening and find the eye. If yours is in there, i think it wont have the filter lens, its just looking through a slot about the thickness of a butter knife in the lower section of the pellet shoot. You might be able to stick your finger up the shoot from the combustion chamber and feel the slot....it can get sawdust covering it and then it can't see. With a lil luck you gat jab a paintbrush up the shoot to clean the slot and fix it, if not, and you have to go in from behind...might be worth it to do the relocation while you're in there.
  5. Doublem

Doublem New Member

Loc:
    Central Calif
    Thanks for the information. Since I don't have that relocation upgrade, now I know where to start. Thanks.
  6. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    if you'd like a copy of the SVC manual(which details the eye issues pretty well)
    pm me:
    model, and email address