Profile 20 optical eye location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublem

Jan 14, 2011
Central Calif
Where, exactly, is the optical eye located on a freestanding Profile 20? I read something about a factory upgrade kit and mine does not have that. I have been having problems with stove going into fault mode several times.

The photoeye views the fire through the filter. The filter is located at the top of the feed chute near the hopper and on the left side for the Profile20 fs-2. This area and filter needs to be cleaned periodically to prevent excessive buildup, which may cause the stove to go into fault mode. I clean mine with a mirror, flashlight and a pencil paintbrush. On my 30 insert it can also be accessed from inside the hopper three 11/32's screws holding the cover down. This is all in the manual.

Doublem said:
Where, exactly, is the optical eye located on a freestanding Profile 20? I read something about a factory upgrade kit and mine does not have that. I have been having problems with stove going into fault mode several times.

having lots of nusance shut downs?
clean the eye, still having troubles, order the re-location kit(serial numbers <7495)

relocation kit part # h0351

before the relocation the photoeye was mounted basically under the auger. To get at it you have to get the blower on the right side (while facing the front of the unit) off, then theres a "L" shaped piece of sheet metal to remove, and then you can reach into the opening and find the eye. If yours is in there, i think it wont have the filter lens, its just looking through a slot about the thickness of a butter knife in the lower section of the pellet shoot. You might be able to stick your finger up the shoot from the combustion chamber and feel the slot....it can get sawdust covering it and then it can't see. With a lil luck you gat jab a paintbrush up the shoot to clean the slot and fix it, if not, and you have to go in from behind...might be worth it to do the relocation while you're in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.