Profile 20 stops feeding pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acousins

Feb 15, 2008
Northern California
I just bought a house with a profile 20 and am trying to get it to work. i prime the auger and it feeds fine, i get a flame going, then it stops feeding. if i turn the stove off/on it will begin to feed again, then stop again-turn off/on, it feeds, then stops.
i am very new to pellet stoves so any suggestions would help.
i plan on giving it the complete cleaning after work today.

the profile will feed for a few minutes at start up
The Photo Eye looks for a fire then feeds again
So you might not be waiting long enough or you photo eye is dirty bad or needs to be replaced

thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a go in the morning. i think i am waiting long enough as i let the fire burn out. do you think it could be the low limit disc or the pressure switch (suggestions i got from the website here)? if it could be one of those, where would they be located and how easy are they to replace or check? thanks

alex

acousins said:
thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a go in the morning. i think i am waiting long enough as i let the fire burn out. do you think it could be the low limit disc or the pressure switch (suggestions i got from the website here)? if it could be one of those, where would they be located and how easy are they to replace or check? thanks

alex

That stove does not have a LOW limit
it uses a photo eye for proof of fire
it has a high limit switch but if that was bad it would not feed pellets at all.
If you stove feeds at Start up then 99% chance it is the photo eye dirty

Do a search on this side for Profile stoves
you will see few post that people have profile stoves and had the same problem.

acousins said:
thanks for the help...problem solved
OK
how was it solved?

it was the amber lens under the photoeye. after i cleaned it, the stove functions perfect.
thanks for the advice.
you saved me hours of trying to take the thing apart to find what was wrong with it.
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.