Profile 20 Stove damper adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaemish

Dec 20, 2009
Upstate NY
Every night I set my Profile 20 stove to low while I sleep, when I wake up in the morning it is always overflown with a lazy orange flame. I am noticing that I can set the stove to medium or high with the damper almost all the way in, the flame will burn correctly and not overflow. When I switch to low, I need to pull the damper almost all the way out, and still it sometimes flows over. Any ideas?

WHen was the last time you had the complete stove apart to clean it out? Have you pulled the fire brick and pulled the ash traps to clean it all out and had the combustion blower out? I have a Profile 30 and it was good on Medium and High but not so great on low. It took a while to get a ballance between the damper setting and the auger feed rate settings on the control board to get a low burn that was not too fast or too slow.

I took the whole thing apart in early Jan, the stove was working really well after that. I cleaned out behind the prick about 4 days ago, it worked well for two days... now its bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.