1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Programmable Thermostats and Radiant Heat

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mtnxtreme, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

I have a 2100 sq. ft home with an, in floor radiant system, sandwich style, the tubes were installed in 1-1/2" of cement poured over a sub floor with sleepers and 1/2" fifnshed plywood over the cement and 1-1/2" sleepers @ 16" oc. My burner is a propane fired Baxi burner, no storage, it fires on demand for domestic hot water and/or radiant flooring as needed. We did the tubes and pour ourself, and had an HVAC guy do all the manifold, Baxi instal, and hook ups. He told me to use regular thermostats vs. programmable as the system takes too long to warm up, so we would see more saving just leaving them on 68 all winter. Can anyone shed any light on this, should I go programmable, and if so any tips on programming for radiant systems. ?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    Not sure if this is the right forum, maybe the boiler room?