Progress but still a ways to go (with pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust Post

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast Ohio
I know everyone likes pictures. I have been working at it and it is starting to get warm around here so for the first time I may have to leave some for fall. I'm not ready to hang up the towel yet though. I do believe I will pass 20 cords with what I have here now. Kind of hard to get good shots because of where everything is sitting with the trees and such around. Just for reference all my split stacks are about 7 ft high.

Attachments

• spring splitting 002.jpg
    spring splitting 002.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 187
  • spring splitting 003.jpg
    spring splitting 003.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 203
  • spring splitting 004.jpg
    spring splitting 004.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 170
  • spring splitting 005.jpg
    spring splitting 005.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 179
  • spring splitting 007.jpg
    spring splitting 007.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 203
  • spring splitting 008.jpg
    spring splitting 008.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 179
  • spring splitting 009.jpg
    spring splitting 009.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 186
  • spring splitting 010.jpg
    spring splitting 010.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 176
Impressive. I need more space.

Reactions: Locust Post
Really nice!
Mostly locust?
Looks like I see some cherry, maple, beech & oak rounds ?

Really nice!
Mostly locust?
Looks like I see some cherry, maple, beech & oak rounds ?

Pretty good eye Bogy. Very little oak yet to split but lots already split.and yes on all the others. Also some red elm,american elm, lots of ash and a fair amount of hickory but you could not see some of those. The pile of rounds between the pines is 7 or 8 deep. OH and yes I have some locust (shhhh don't tell Scotty)

very impressive work!

Very nice and what a difference 100 or so mile makes. You are seeing complete leaf out and we have just started to get leaves to sprout on most trees here in Mid-Michigan.

I also leave some in the round or even 6-8' pieces through the year. I just stack em and let them sit until I fire up the saw and splitter next January. That is, if I am far enough ahead - which you seem to be doing well in that catagory.

Nice work L.P., looks like your loaded for bear!

Wow! _g That's quite the array of "Buck chow" you have lined up, LP! :cool:

Then pictures just make me heart go petty-paddy:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.