Progress Hybrid cat question / smoke smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I cleaned out the stove this morning after one month burning 24/7, and the cat looked very clean. I didn't even do anything to it. I am also rear-vented.

The only issue I've seen so far is the backpuff where it smells like smoke. I actually don't mind it, and neither does my wife! We're both backpackers, so we don't mind a little campfire smell once in a while.

I cleaned out the stove this morning after one month burning 24/7, and the cat looked very clean. I didn't even do anything to it. I am also rear-vented.

The only issue I've seen so far is the backpuff where it smells like smoke. I actually don't mind it, and neither does my wife! We're both backpackers, so we don't mind a little campfire smell once in a while.
If you crack the air open and allow a very tiny flame, the backpuffing should stop.