Progress Hybrid Owners - Anyone near MD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly appreciate your hospitality, and i still may take you up on the offer. I was posting for the OP just a tid bit of info to chew on. I'm kind of afraid to bring my wife back to Lancaster, I'll get roped into a day at those god forsaken outlets that takes all my stove funds lol

Drop her off at the outlets, bring a 12 pack over here, and help me split wood. Problem solved.

Reactions: chance04
Drop her off at the outlets, bring a 12 pack over here, and help me split wood. Problem solved.

I like the way you think

On second thought do you have any idea what she can do you a bank account in just a few hours? [emoji139] [emoji140] [emoji138] [emoji146] [emoji164] [emoji163] [emoji162] [emoji161] [emoji152] [emoji151] [emoji150] [emoji149] [emoji148] [emoji147] [emoji156] [emoji183] [emoji184] [emoji168] [emoji166] [emoji165]

I've seen a number of posts throughout the forum stating that WS owners have largely left this site. At the same time, I'm considering getting a PH (I like what I've read, but my wife doesn't find them pretty enough.... Negotiations in progress), and am a bit surprised that I haven't found negative comments on WS. Is something going on? Are customers really that happy? Are the stoves that good? If so, why did the WS customers abandon this site? There is SO MUCH good stuff here that I can't understand why they would leave even if the company or stoves were bad and members ridiculed their purchase of the product. If this is a sensitive matter that I'm stepping in, please feel free to send a private message.

I'm considering getting a PH (I like what I've read, but my wife doesn't find them pretty enough.... Negotiations in progress), and am a bit surprised that I haven't found negative comments on WS. Is something going on? Are customers really that happy? Are the stoves that good?
Yeah, owners like the Woodstock stoves pretty well. No stove is perfect, but the Woodstocks are well-engineered and the company guarantees and backs up your purchase.
You know how forums are (or maybe not.) Many times, there are spats between some of the members and the powers that be, over forum policies, politics or what have you. It just happens with groups of people, unfortunately. There are quite a few Woodstock owners at several forums and good info available at any of them.

Woodstock makes good stoves and supports them well. They just don't make the only good stoves. And aren't the answer to every question about wood burning.

In my experience, hearth.com is a place that promotes and gives attention to all reputable manufactures. That is a really great thing. This is a very busy forum. The mods keep everything organized and flowing.

Another site I visit has much less activity and tends to be much more Woodstock oriented simply because most people on that site have them or are interested.

Hearth.com saved me from so many stupid mistakes and got me on the right track burning wise. Thank you to all the mods for your hard work.

Reactions: chance04
I have an Ideal Steel and live in Lancaster,pa. If anybody wants to come up here and take a look let me know. It's a great day trip area. Lot's of shopping and things to do in the area.

I'm close to ordering an Ideal Steel and would appreciate your thoughts on yours so far.

It's a big stove and built very well. It throws a lot of heat when you ask it to. It burns softwoods like hardwoods. It easily burns for 10-14 hours a advertised with plenty of coals for reload. I've pushed it to 16 + hours already. A well insulated house it could go longer.

I've only heard of 1 IS owner that is not happy, but his was damaged by a forklift at the shipping company. So not sure if it is a WS problem or shipping company problem. Thinking of upgrading to the IS myself as I have 3000SF and only a 2.0CF Quad 3100 steptop. The sale makes it very hard to stay with what I have.

Parents ended up sticking with the Progress Hybrid. They went ahead and ordered it in gray despite not getting to see one in person. They're very excited, as am I. I am just so sick of helping them gather their annual 5 cords of wood when they could easily get by with 3 in an efficient stove.

Now if I can get them to stop scooping oak and hickory off the forest floor, splitting it, and sticking it into their stove 7 months later.:rolleyes: Never before have they had a problem with this practice (yet I feel a 5 gallon bucket of creosote every month is a problem!) When they get their EPA PH, they're about to see how grave the consequences of that really are!

Yup, 5 gallons. Wet wood, cool, leaky chimney and 24/7 smoke Dragon burning

Find them some of the best seasoned wood in the area, order a couple cords now to get them started.

Mine is a mix of oak and poplar. Well seasoned. Any idea on a full load at a medium burn how long it lasts before reload is needed?
Can't say there are a lot of other factors including outdoor temps, house envelope, and how hard the stove is being pushed. Regardless, the oak should burn should be significantly longer than the poplar. Save it for cold weather.

No I understand about it not burning near as long as cord wood but on a medium burn say with a stove top temp of 350 how long on average would a full load last? Just trying to compare say I get 10 hours on cord wood would I get 5 hours on slab?

Thanks again,
Glenn

Very much looking forward to hearing how they like there new stove. Please post pictures and comments when they get it.

Thanks,
Glenn
I will definitely update. They just ordered it in charcoal. Now, first, the $4000 chimney repair/upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.