Progress Hybrid - Price Variance, best sale time to catch the cheapest price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mlexp

Oct 16, 2007
Good afternoon.

Just a quick question. I run a few different stoves in 2 homes, and am looking to convert to the PH in one of the houses.

Over the years, I've seen new pricing from around 2000-4000. Quite a range. I've decided to get one, so now, it's just coming down to the right time of year. I'm in no hurry, everything is staying warm with what I'm running (although inefficient with ripping through the wood). Just need to know what timeframe works to get the stove for the best price traditionally throughout the year.

Thanks in advance for everyone's insights and knowledge on the topic.

2000? Seems awfully low to me and I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. Spring time/summer I believe is when they have "sale" prices.

Thanks! Yeah, I recall some in that range, and looking through the reviews of the PH here, some paid 2500 or so, but I'm not sure when is the best time to act. Spring makes sense. End of the burning season for the most part. Thanks for the quick reply!

And I don't know where you live, I lived in Ct and picked mine up in NH thus saving taxes.

I spoke with Woodstock today regarding the Ideal Steel Hybrid I want to purchase for our new build. The woman I spoke with told me that since I can wait (our home won't be done until August/September), to wait to purchase until March or April. She said sales are the best those two months.

March is the time to buy; I bought mine 2 years ago for around $800 off. I think I ended up paying $3100, but that includes the ash pan, ash lip and rear heat shield. That is also correct if you pick it up here in NH, there is no sales tax.

March is the time to buy; I bought mine 2 years ago for around $800 off. I think I ended up paying $3100, but that includes the ash pan, ash lip and rear heat shield. That is also correct if you pick it up here in NH, there is no sales tax.
Yep, $3,100 is the best deal that I've ever seen on the PH. Call Woodstock and see what they can do for you....

Yep, $3,100 is the best deal that I've ever seen on the PH. Call Woodstock and see what they can do for you....

That is a better price than I just got when I ordered mine less than a week ago. If you don't mind waiting you are more patient than I was. LOL

So, I'm in VA. If I drive up and pick it up at their location, I pay no sales tax?

Technically you still owe “consumer’s use” tax in Virginia, I believe. You might want to check the law before making the trip.

Pay cash or this new vapor coin virtual stuff, and watch out for those pesky tax drones. On a serious note, if your making an overnight I always have fun at the Montshire Museum of Science in Vt right over the river.

My understanding is sometimes Woodstock has stoves that are returned.. I think you can get one of these cheaper than the "sale" price

Don't know how you find out about them other than to call