Project: Home Depot McCulloch, locked up (don't laugh!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R2.0

Oct 31, 2013
Maryland
My boss managed to lock up the powerhead on his McCulloch MCC4516fk electric saw. It's less than a year old, BUT he lost the receipt and can't remember where he purchased it. Before he threw it away I convinced him to give it to me. Why, you might ask, would I want to take possession of a likely destroyed $100 saw? The answer is that I have a 14 year old son at home all day and I needed to find him something to keep him out of trouble.

I located the user manual and the parts list. Does anyone know of a source for an actual repair manual? The Owner's Manual basically says "No user repairable components", but I beg to differ.

Thanks for any help.

Roger

If it doesn't spin, sounds like armature is out of it's slot and hitting windings or brushes. Motor may be riveted or welded together and tough to disassemble w/o tearing up. ( I'm guessing here - thinking about tractor starter). But you lose no $ doing so - have your son go at it. A good place to find saw service manuals is arboristsite but don't know about electrics.

If it doesn't spin, sounds like armature is out of it's slot and hitting windings or brushes. Motor may be riveted or welded together and tough to disassemble w/o tearing up. ( I'm guessing here - thinking about tractor starter). But you lose no $ doing so - have your son go at it. A good place to find saw service manuals is arboristsite but don't know about electrics.

Good point - forgot about Arborsite.

I had Monkeyboy start yesterday - his progress was...underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.