1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Prolift mower lift vs MoJack

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by new_wood, Jun 26, 2013.

1. new_wood

new_wood Member

Loc:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Does anyone have the Prolift mower lift that TSC carries now? I was going to check out the MoJack mower lift for my cub cadet zero turn 50" mower but TSC says that they no longer carry the MoJack and now carry the Prolift line. Looking for any comments, suggestions, etc on either line of mower lift. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    I was just looking at them this morning. Seem decent enough. I'm going to wait for the end of the season, and see if they get marked down. They should be putting the snowblowers out any time, since it is almost July.

My old Ariens was easy to pull the deck out in about 90 seconds, but my new Gravely is a different story.
  3. charly

charly Guest

I just use a couple of lengths of my 1/2 inch safety blue retired climbing line, tie them to the front of my zero turn mower, then to the hooks on my tractor bucket and up she goes. Next I slide a few 6x6's under the front wheels and then lower the bucket so the wheels are just touching the boards... Works great for my three blade change out...I'd always have a back up using one of those lifts, either some boards as props under the wheels, what ever..
  4. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    I just drive one of the front wheels up a car ramp and set the brake. I wouldn't want to store a lift in the shop unless I used it all the time. I'm under my mower about three times a year for blade changes.
    Joful likes this.
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia

Ditto. I just drive the zero turn up on a pair of vintage oil change ramps.
  6. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    x3

In a pinch you can put one front caster on the trailer ramp and still get under it. Just remember the e-brake.
  7. charly

charly Guest

I like lifting the front and setting it on a couple of 6x6's,, leaves the sides wide open to make things very easy.. plus I have it secured with ropes to my tractor bucket as back up...
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I have two buddies with the MoJack (pro version) and they like them. No exp. with the Prolift.

For you guys with zero turns, nothing faster, easier, or more space economical than these.

Joful and charly like this.
  9. charly

charly Guest

My ropes don't scratch my paint ;lol
  10. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia

Nice mower. :p
  11. jeromehdmc

jeromehdmc Member

Loc:
    Kansas City
    I have a Cub Cadet M-60 Tank. The front has a good place to put a Hi-lift jack under it. I just jack it up, put a couple jackstands under the front, remove the jack and clean the deck. I like the fact that I don't have to store anything else, just use the things I had around.
    Joful likes this.
  12. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Can of Plasti-Dip would fix that. :rolleyes:

Thought you'd like that. ;)
    charly likes this.