Proof Pellets Save Money Over Oil?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vt said:
HELLO ... I have been putting 30 gallons of heating oil in my bldg EVERY DAY (and use every bit of it!) while awaiting my outdoor pellet boiler to be hooked up.... NOW all hooked up, I have been using FIVE BAGS of pellets every 24 hrs so far... 30 gal of fuel... about 90 bucks.... 5 bags of pellets = 30 BUCKS!!!! there is my proof... SO OK right now, I am thinking if temps drop below zero not sure I can push the heat I need in here so may have to burn a little fuel... or take my hot water off the pellet system to use all heat for boiler... not sure yet... but either way the 60 bucks i am saving EACH DAY with fuel at about 3 dollars a gallon, I have no complaints!

If you are truthfully heating that building with 5 bags vs 30 gals of oil you are either giving us the biggest load of BS ever before recorded or you neglected to have major repair work performed on your furnace.
Your figures defy all logic known to man regarding BTU output of oil vs pellets at given costs.

Hi, here in Vt I called around about a week ago, prices were in 2.60's to 3.60's depending how much u want and if u r paying cash! Offroad is down to 2.20 ... but it gets old making a load every day and dumping it in... so my 30 dollars in pellets still beats 70 in offroad (we are using 30 to 40 gallons per 24 hrs for heat and hot water, this will go to 50 gallons when temps drop) ..... and even if fuel was EQUAL to pellets, I would rather not support the fuel industry when possible! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.