propaine compare cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcope

Aug 1, 2008
howell mi
I want to change companys this year for my propaine, I am locked in at 174 till the end of may 2010 I am with amerigas now, they have a lot of extra fees whitch Parker propane does not. parker have posted there prices on line for the past years to see and there always there to see. I have about 300 gallon left.!!!!!!! does any one know where I can go online to compare prices for propane.!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jim

jim c said:
I want to change companys this year for my propaine, I am locked in at 174 till the end of may 2010 I am with amerigas now, they have a lot of extra fees whitch Parker propane does not. parker have posted there prices on line for the past years to see and there always there to see. I have about 300 gallon left.!!!!!!! does any one know where I can go online to compare prices for propane.!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Jim

I got out of the locked in program about ten years ago when I bought my own tank . Now I buy on the open market . When I was useing the rental tanks it always seemed like a great deal to get started with a company but the next year you would find it cheaper at another supplier .
To answer your original question I have never found prices posted on the net for here in wisconsin and always had to make a few calls . The other thing I found out was that the companies can and will wheel and deal on there price alot of times .

from what I know, it always makes sense long run to own your tank and buy on the open market like Webie mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.