Propane can officially kiss my Sassafrass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
I heeded the advice of my fellow hearthers and put a stove in the basement to supplement the 1st floor insert to heat when the temps drop below the teens. This week was the first real test with temps dropping to about -10 last night and I awoke to 68 degree temps inside. I see no need for any propane in the forseable future. Two stoves heating nearly 4000 sq ft in our relatively cold weather won't set any records but it sure has made it worthwhile to our family. Hopefully I will be able to finish the basement this year which will help hold the heat in even better. In the words of the great Kentucky Mudflap - "Thanks and laudulations gents"

What more could one ask for?

pen

I hear ya Rocky! lol
In SouthEastern Ohio here. We are in a approx 3000 sq ft home and just started wood heating last winter. Our weather this last night or two has most certainly put this type of heat to a true test hasn't it. My stove room is staying approx 80f and the far end bedrooms of this sprawled out ranch home are holding between 65f & 68f. The basement is around 55f. We went to about 11below last night and it's already at that now again tonight.
I laugh in the 'Pro-pain' mans face now! hehehe

It's sweet when we find that the oil man isn't seen so often around our neck of the woods! Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.