Propane Co called today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamer

Dec 7, 2008
East Central IL
I heard a message on our answering machine today from a propane company we bought propane from last year (Jan 08). We own the tank so we buy from whoever we want. We stopped buying from them because we had some major problems with them. We have only had a minimum fill this winter (from a different company) because we have been burning pellets this winter. Anyway the lady on there said they know we own our tank but have not gotten propane from them in quite awhile. She also offered us propane at $1.29/gallon - price good for only 10 days. We may not be burning many pellets next winter.

daydreamer said:
......She also offered us propane at $1.29/gallon - price good for only 10 days. We may not be burning many pellets next winter.

Make sure there's no "catch' attached to that low price, like you have to sign a contract, or something similar that locks you into using just them. And don't get blinded by the price and forget the "major problems" you had w/ them in the past.

daydreamer said:
I heard a message on our answering machine today from a propane company we bought propane from last year (Jan 08). We own the tank so we buy from whoever we want. We stopped buying from them because we had some major problems with them. We have only had a minimum fill this winter (from a different company) because we have been burning pellets this winter. Anyway the lady on there said they know we own our tank but have not gotten propane from them in quite awhile. She also offered us propane at $1.29/gallon - price good for only 10 days. We may not be burning many pellets next winter.

Wow, tell them to bring three extra tanks with them!!!!!! That is one helluva good price. I never paid that low of a price. Good bye pellet people.

I don't know if I have ever heard of propane being that low. That's great!

Propane on Long Island by the way...4.80/gal!

That's a great price. I was filled last week at $2.29 (or $2.19 if I pay within 10 days). I've not seen prices that low in my areas for 10 years. Since Propane can be made from NG, I wonder if the NG price slump is helping out.

dac122 said:
That's a great price. I was filled last week at $2.29 (or $2.19 if I pay within 10 days). I've not seen prices that low in my areas for 10 years. Since Propane can be made from NG, I wonder if the NG price slump is helping out.

As I understand it propane is a biproduct of cracking crude or separating unwanted hydrocarbons from Natural Gas. I would think the opposite is true. Since refiners are not producing as much due to lower demand for such products, propane stands to maintain current pricing levels or even increase as less propane is likely to be produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.