Propane heater thermostat options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zoomie

Jun 8, 2017
ontario canada
Hi all;

I had an Enviro Westport Cast Iron propane stove installed at the cottage last winter. They did a good install job and it works well. I asked for a thermostat that will allow connectivity to my wireless network so I can control from my phone when away from the place so they installed a Lux Geo. It works well with a couple of AA batteries but the interface is a little clunky and not very modern.

I've looked around for other options but all thermostats seem to need electricity from the furnace to work. I don't have any power at the unit.

I read somewhere about a guy modifying a Nest with solder and batteries but I don't want to get into that. I want to purchase a unit purpose built for the job.

Does anyone seen a thermostat like this?

Cheers

hi,
does not look like anyone replied. im wondering what you found since im in the same boat now- but about to buy a Jotul or Lopi.

thanks